Mama Cotton's Life Adventures

Join me on my path of Fiber, Music, and Rainbows.

Monday, August 18, 2003

Well so far my monday is not going bad. I got my stitches out this morning, turns out it was just a benign mole, but as Kip says the piece of mind is worth the 30 dollar doctor visit and the minor surgury it takes to check it out. My dad had a nasty piece of skin cancer so I am real careful to keep an eye on any skin changes. I love the Sun and being tanned but I am conscientious about staying out of it these days, kinda hard living in central florida and all but I give a good effort.

We camped this weekend at Long Point, a south brevard county park nestled between the beach and the Indian River just barely north of Sabestion. What a beautiful park, it was just kip and I and we worked on reconnecting our relationship and spent alot of time just talking and hanging out together. We kayaked around a large island and just as we were coming to the end of it I saw a group of dolphins fishing ahead of me, I decided to dig in and speed up a bit to get a closer look. However I needn't have bothered, they swam right past me so close to my kayak, I could have reached out and touched em! They were very dark, not bottlenose but I can't remember the type they are, I see them alot in the river though. They swam past us and proceeded to circle up and fish just behind us. Amazing creatures, they are!

I finished my first ball of camel/silk yesterday and set up to begin the knitting process. Getting a circle started is much harder than it seems at first glance! Managing those four double pointed needles turned out to be more than I could handle last night and I pulled out the couple of stitches I had managed to get done and will try again probably tomorrow as I have a meeting tonight. I started spinning the next spindle full of yarn. I need to get some very small stitch markers to go on those size one needles. The ones I had are just so big that they are in the way, probably once I get a few rows done they will be fine but I thought to try to get some smaller ones anyway. But of course the knitting shop was closed!

I did the third step of the third lesson on my GCC over the weekend and got started on step four but needed some embroidery cotton and didn't have any at the camp ground, so I decided to just wait. I am moving right along using my one stitch a day mentality. Once you pick it up you will most likely do more than one stitch but at least pick it up every day! It's amazing how much you can get done in this manner!

I gave myself this morning off from exercise as I was very tired from the weekend and got lots over the weekend but will back on it in the morning. I bought a new yoga book from the health food store and am looking forward to checking it out.

Tonight is the organizational meeting for the Steve Miller benefit, unfortunately he passed yesterday morning so the benefit will be turned into a celebration of his life with the proceeds going to his wife for expenses as planned. The Benefit is Sunday.

Well back to work, gotta fund those adventures and until I find a better way this is the only way I've got. Don't be surprised if crazy ideas start popping up on this blog for ways to get out of corporate america, maybe even one of them won't be so crazy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home