Mama Cotton's Life Adventures

Join me on my path of Fiber, Music, and Rainbows.

Sunday, September 21, 2003

Well now it has been a busy week or so and I have thought about updating but have just not have time to get to it. So here I am finally - the tampa trip went ok, I didn't get to get on the water though as there was just no time. We rolled into the campground just before 9pm on friday and poor Maura was struggling to set up her big tent alone. So she took a break and then I helped her get it set up. There was someone drumming and they were right next door so over we went to meet the neighbors and they were quite fun. He builds, sells, holds workshops, plays ect ect dijs and she is a masters student of marine biology. While we were visiting with the neighbors, Ray came walking up. It was good to see him again but I am a bit worried about Maura's heart. So he hung out and we all got caught up on the gossip in our lives. Dan and Donna rolled in about noon the next day, we all went down to tour the fort and goof off and then it was time to go to the WMNF birthday party. I worked the front door for a few hours and then got to play. It was okay but I found the inside venue restrictive and the music too loud. I couldn't say whether or not I liked the bands cause I couldn't get past the noise level. I have absolutely decided I like my live music outside! We headed home about noon the next day and we all stopped at cracker barrel for breakfast since we all packed light and no one had had dinner the night before. Man was I starving!

Weigh in on wednesday saw my hard work from the week before to pay off with a 2 and a half pound loss.

Work is about to get crazy, on friday the sample working copy of tenrox was finally ready. This week I will begin work on getting it set up to start writing the interfaces.

The weekend has been pretty casual. I took Charles to the park yesterday and just really putsed around today. I did watch two movies and did some knitting. I made two little patchwork bags this weekend. One for a small ball of yarn to hang around my wrist and another from silk for my spindle. The one downer was when Donna called to say that Makala had died.

And now another week is about commence. My goals are to work through the first steps of the tenrox implementation, practice my guitar daily, exercise daily, and finish my crewelwork GCC.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home