Mama Cotton's Life Adventures

Join me on my path of Fiber, Music, and Rainbows.

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Merry Christmas

I should start off the post by wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas. And if you don't celebrate Christmas then a very Merry New Year and if you don't celebrate the New Year then a very Merry Life. I wish the world Peace, Love and Happiness into the New Year and beyond.

I don't get to post too many finished projects since I am so slow, it seems, to get anything done but Christmas inspired me and so here are two gifts that I managed to get ready for two very dear friends who are really more like Sisters.

This little fairy I found in my stash from my days of porcelain doll making, she was all painted and ready to be decorated. DH and I first thought of using fimo to finish her, but somehow she was just screaming for felted wings.

Using a butterfly cookie cutter, I made several before realizing that the missing item was sparkle. I knew I had some mother of pearl fire sparkle fiber stuff but do you think I could find it? Anyway, all's well that ends well, I found some fiber in my stash that had black and orange sparkle stuff added to it so I blended it into the purple I was using for the wings and wala, the look I was after appeared.

Now what to do about her pour hole in the top of her head. After another aha moment, a beaded flower did just the trick. Isn't she pretty?

As a side note, I found the mother of pearl fire fiber days later. But I think the colors really add something to her wings so it was better that I didn't find it when I was looking.

Another friend who likes to play hand drums around the fire needed some gloves to keep her hands warm while drumming. Fingerless gloves were just the ticket. Using sock yarn gave me a nice thickness for our Florida winters.

I can't refind the pattern just now but it was adapted from a free pattern I found online. The main adaptation was in the length of the cuff, afterall this is Florida so there is no need to get crazy.

And Yes, it does get cold enough to wear them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home