Recent goings on
Since the New Year began life has been rather busy with not much time for unstructured fiber arts. Distaff Day was on the 7th in Orlando and then council was this past weekend in the Ocala National Forest. This weekend coming up is the Gaspirillo children's parade in Tampa and then the following weekend I have tickets to see the King Tut exhibit in Fort Lauderdale.
Distaff Day was a really fun time! We spent the day doing fiber arts. I did more spinning than I had done in a while and really had time to fall in love with the double treadle on my Babe since dh fixed the sliding problem I was having. Of course there has been no time for spinning since then but I am hoping to find an appropriate way to drag my wheel into the forest for the Rainbow Family of Living Light Florida Regional Gathering which I am taking a week off to attend in February. I would really like to finish up the mystery wool I started spinning at the national gathering last July.
And speaking of the gathering in February, Florida Family Vision Council was this past weekend. On the way there, Kip and I were eating in Wendy's when a brother came in looking for the owner of the Happy Camper. Upon spotting me looking at him, he walked over and said so is there going to be a gathering this year. He had seen the camper in the parking lot and said he knew that the sister who owned that camper would know about the Florida Gathering. Anyway, I gave him the sketchy details of what I knew, directed him to holding camp and apologized for not being able to give him a ride into the forest. I just don't have room for riders with Lucy and Kip on board, Kip went back in to pass on some green energy that I forgot to give him and we got on our way, I expect to see Mason at the gathering this year, most likely in A-camp though he tried to act like he wasn't. It was very cold over night and I consistently did not cover myself appropriately when falling asleep either Friday or Saturday night and woke up freezing both nights scrambling for more blankets. Saturday, Lucy and I hiked the site with Donna, Dakota, Arjay, Laughing Deer and Overboard . It is a very pretty site and I enjoyed the adventure of trying to keep up with Arjay foraging a trail through the bush and then actually clearing a trail to main circle with Donna, Dakota and Laughing Deer while Arjay and Overboard scouted the remainder of the site for a kid village space.
Sunday, I went for a little walk myself to work on my ICC, man am I bad at the drawing portion of this. I just keep persevering, surely I am not the worst case she has ever seen or perhaps I am the only non drawer that has ever ventured to take her class. I am close to finishing up lesson three of nine total so maybe by the end I won't be so hard on myself but I doubt it.
Through all the weekend of running about the forest, Lucy was my constant companion. When we were forging through the underbrush she carried extra water and my spindle until she could not get over a down tree with her backpack on and I had to carry it for only a short distance. She was very attentive to stay with me and make sure I was nogiating the underbrush safely. When I walked off by myself on Sunday she was in her box since the forest service and sheriffs department had been coming through the parking lot (they were trying to get to a man on the Florida Trail who had had a heart attack and the trail was all washed away - scary and I don't know what the outcome ended up being or even how the man had managed to get that far into the swamp), she pitched a fit upon seeing me leave and Kip let her out to follow me and she stayed right with me while I worked. She is a very fun companion who doesn't mind carrying my stuff for me. A girl's best friend for sure!
Distaff Day was a really fun time! We spent the day doing fiber arts. I did more spinning than I had done in a while and really had time to fall in love with the double treadle on my Babe since dh fixed the sliding problem I was having. Of course there has been no time for spinning since then but I am hoping to find an appropriate way to drag my wheel into the forest for the Rainbow Family of Living Light Florida Regional Gathering which I am taking a week off to attend in February. I would really like to finish up the mystery wool I started spinning at the national gathering last July.
And speaking of the gathering in February, Florida Family Vision Council was this past weekend. On the way there, Kip and I were eating in Wendy's when a brother came in looking for the owner of the Happy Camper. Upon spotting me looking at him, he walked over and said so is there going to be a gathering this year. He had seen the camper in the parking lot and said he knew that the sister who owned that camper would know about the Florida Gathering. Anyway, I gave him the sketchy details of what I knew, directed him to holding camp and apologized for not being able to give him a ride into the forest. I just don't have room for riders with Lucy and Kip on board, Kip went back in to pass on some green energy that I forgot to give him and we got on our way, I expect to see Mason at the gathering this year, most likely in A-camp though he tried to act like he wasn't. It was very cold over night and I consistently did not cover myself appropriately when falling asleep either Friday or Saturday night and woke up freezing both nights scrambling for more blankets. Saturday, Lucy and I hiked the site with Donna, Dakota, Arjay, Laughing Deer and Overboard . It is a very pretty site and I enjoyed the adventure of trying to keep up with Arjay foraging a trail through the bush and then actually clearing a trail to main circle with Donna, Dakota and Laughing Deer while Arjay and Overboard scouted the remainder of the site for a kid village space.
Sunday, I went for a little walk myself to work on my ICC, man am I bad at the drawing portion of this. I just keep persevering, surely I am not the worst case she has ever seen or perhaps I am the only non drawer that has ever ventured to take her class. I am close to finishing up lesson three of nine total so maybe by the end I won't be so hard on myself but I doubt it.
Through all the weekend of running about the forest, Lucy was my constant companion. When we were forging through the underbrush she carried extra water and my spindle until she could not get over a down tree with her backpack on and I had to carry it for only a short distance. She was very attentive to stay with me and make sure I was nogiating the underbrush safely. When I walked off by myself on Sunday she was in her box since the forest service and sheriffs department had been coming through the parking lot (they were trying to get to a man on the Florida Trail who had had a heart attack and the trail was all washed away - scary and I don't know what the outcome ended up being or even how the man had managed to get that far into the swamp), she pitched a fit upon seeing me leave and Kip let her out to follow me and she stayed right with me while I worked. She is a very fun companion who doesn't mind carrying my stuff for me. A girl's best friend for sure!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home