Nomadic Fiber is born
I am so excited. I found out that I was accepted to give workshops at Floydfest. This could be the start of something grand. I won't be vending anything at this festival but in the future...Anything could happen.
I came up a name that I think describes the business I have in mind and purchased a web domain with hosting for a year. Hopefully by the time my accounting job gets phased out, I will have this new business up and running :-)
My plan is to establish a workshop space at music festivals, selling the materials and giving lessons on the basics of multiple types of fiber work. Knitting is so popular right now, all the cool kids are doing it. Finally, I am ahead of the game.
I am going to see how it goes at Floyd and hopefully the interest will be there and then on to a festival in Ohio before my big trip out west. I have begun figuring what my break even point would be on beginner kits and plan to get serious about designing some simple patterns that could be easily and cheaply kitted.
This is the beginning of my dream to travel, I can feel it in my heart that I am in the right place at the right time for the first time in my life.
I came up a name that I think describes the business I have in mind and purchased a web domain with hosting for a year. Hopefully by the time my accounting job gets phased out, I will have this new business up and running :-)
My plan is to establish a workshop space at music festivals, selling the materials and giving lessons on the basics of multiple types of fiber work. Knitting is so popular right now, all the cool kids are doing it. Finally, I am ahead of the game.
I am going to see how it goes at Floyd and hopefully the interest will be there and then on to a festival in Ohio before my big trip out west. I have begun figuring what my break even point would be on beginner kits and plan to get serious about designing some simple patterns that could be easily and cheaply kitted.
This is the beginning of my dream to travel, I can feel it in my heart that I am in the right place at the right time for the first time in my life.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home